We are a Spirit-filled church adhering to Pentecostal theology. We believe in the dynamic presence of God through the Holy Spirit.
This faith emboldens a core value that we believe God can change anything and anyone as we gather together. This breeds a level of excitement that is contagious. Life Source is a multi-cultural church comprised of individuals representing over 30 different nations.
You will find someone like you and many people different from you. We celebrate this diversity at LSC. Jesus said, “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations” (Mark 11:17). This vital component brings a wonderful atmosphere of fellowship among the people. Ever wonder what heaven might be like? Check out the microcosm at one of the worship services.
In the Spring of 1988 Pastor Becki and I began to feel a “tug” to plant a church. On September 18, 1988, Cathedral of Praise was born and was organized into a church in January of 1989. We started in a hotel room with a band of faithful pioneers. We went from room to room, eventually changing locations to an amphitheater and finally a church facility we could call “home.” On December 20,1996, during a Youth Christmas Banquet, the sanctuary accidentally caught fire. The fire quickly spread to a thirteen-alarm fire, which completely destroyed the sanctuary.
“The church without a home” caught the attention of the local media and a businessman heard our story on the news. Knowing we were without a place to hold worship services, the businessman contacted me that week and offered warehouse space to us. We gladly accepted and work began on changing the warehouse to a worship house. We were in the warehouse for several months and the Presence of God met with us in a very special way. God’s Presence can turn anything and any place into a holy place. During those months we had plans drawn to erect a new sanctuary on the property where the fire had taken place. My father-in-law and mentor, Dr. E. Lamar McDaniel, pastor of Evangel Temple Church of God and Principal of Evangel Christian Academy, approached me about our plans. We met every morning at the warehouse for prayer and sought God’s direction on the future. It became very evident to us that God had another direction.
The first Sunday in June of 1997 Evangel Temple and Cathedral of Praise merged together to form Evangel Cathedral. A new chapter of church life was about to be written. We immediately began plans to build a new sanctuary adjacent to the Family Life Center. In November of 1999 we dedicated the new 1500-seat sanctuary at 7000 Rossville Boulevard on 39 acres of prime property. Since then the congregation continues to grow and we are presently enjoying a powerful move of God. He deserves all the praise, honor and glory!
What We Believe
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.